• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyopicJoe
    replied
    Re: Gun Control

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Here's what Bill Maher says about gun control:

Because we don't give a shit about the NRA. Out here that stands for "Nuts, Racists, and A$$holes."

Which explains why Ted Nugent is such a raving lunatic."
    It's interesting when someone feels the need to duhumanize those who don't agree with them. I mean if your argument is strong, you don't need to resort to school yard name calling. Feels like insecurity to me.

Or maybe it's frustration at being impotent, at not being able to impose your will on others. People should focus more on controlling what they can, such as themselves.

Though it seems these days people are barely able to control themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Full metal jacket, baby! Feel better now?

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Here's what Bill Maher says about gun control:

"Maybe our constipated Congress can't pass gun control laws, but we (California) just did. Lots of 'em. Because we don't give a shit about the NRA. Out here that stands for "Nuts, Racists, and A$$holes." So while the rest of America is debating whether it's a good idea to allow guns in bars or a great idea to allow guns in bars, California is about to ban lead bullets. Which is a no-brainer, because bullets don't need lead, and lead kills birds and gets into the food supply of people who hunt their own food. Which explains why Ted Nugent is such a raving lunatic."

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

It is nice when others demonstrate my point for me.
    Yep, it is. Thanx.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Smoking is a privilege, while defending one's life/well being is a right, and a necessity.
    Smokers feel that smoking is a "right" and a "necessity", but that doesn't make them correct.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Smoking is a privilege, while defending one's life/well being is a right, and a necessity.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

That'll soon end.

As offensive as any killing is, I find it much more offensive that anyone would embrace giving killers the infinite upper hand by restricting the good citizens the ability/opportunity to save their life or the lives of others with defensive weaponry.
    You could have just as easily said:

As offensive as smoking is, I find it much more offensive that anyone would embrace giving non-smokers the infinite upper hand by restricting smoking and smokers the ability/opportunity to smoke wherever they want because anything else would be a restriction on their constitutional rights.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

"Police Commissioner Ray Kelly cited the NYPD's controversial stop and frisk policies as a primary factor in the dip."
    That'll soon end.

As offensive as any killing is, I find it much more offensive that anyone would embrace giving killers the infinite upper hand by restricting the good citizens the ability/opportunity to save their life or the lives of others with defensive weaponry. That makes them merely a single step less culpable of murder than the actual killer.

STAY THE HELL OUTTA MY LIFE AND THE CHANCE TO SAVE IT (and maybe even your's) NOW!!!

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

New York City Murder Rate In 2013 Falls To Levels Not Seen Since 1950s

It is likely that some pundits here on HT as well as the NRA will say that the reason the homicide rate is down is because there are more guns in circulation. However, "Police Commissioner Ray Kelly cited the NYPD's controversial stop and frisk policies as a primary factor in the dip." But I am sure that there are those on HT who know better than the police commissioner.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Leave a comment:

• MyopicJoe
    replied

Let's see how this goes

1) The victims of the navy yard shooting are the true "first responders"
    According to USA Today, it was 7 minutes from the first 911 call before police entered the building. Who knows how long before paramedics would be allowed to help the wounded. Everyone in the area of the shooter had to rely on themselves and those with them to survive.
    2) Not considering luck, a victim's chance of survival was affected by their preparedness. ("victim" being anyone who was at risk of being killed)
    - good cardio
    - mental/emotional strength & edurance
    - situational awareness, proper reaction, and reaction time
    - knowledge of exits
    - knowledge of paths with sufficient cover/concealment
    - first aid, treatment of acute trauma, and adequate supplies
    3) The killer disobeyed rules and laws
    - rules and laws are meaningless if they cannot be enforced
    - at what cost are we willing to enforce rules and laws?
    4) Before the incident, victims felt safe but weren't
    - fear management is inferior to danger management
    5) The police and security usually show up after the fact.
    - once again, the initial victims are the "first responders". their lives are in their hands

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Your point is no legal guns available and no protection for law abiding citizens.
    roll eyes roll eyes roll eyes

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Your point is no legal guns available and no protection for law abiding citizens. I reject your point, unless you've changed your mind.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

when the world has finally become a safe place for all and tyranical Gmts. are a thing of the past, until then... hands off my ability to defend myself and restore a civil state.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

It took about 30 years to essentially eradicate the curse of smoking. The same will happen with enacting sane gun laws.
    I'll be fine with that if/when the world has finally become a safe place for all and tyranical Gmts. are a thing of the past, until then... hands off my ability to defend myself and restore a civil state.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
    Sometimes I wonder what things we do commonly today that will be considered primitively brutal by people in the future;
    The paranoid fascination with guns. Eventually, gun ownership will be pretty much marginalized, just like smoking has been. The more pressure that is applied, the sooner it will happen. It took about 30 years to essentially eradicate the curse of smoking. The same will happen with enacting sane gun laws.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X