Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    H-Jury 8-4 in Sharon's Favor!!!!

Auntie Lynn
    YIPPEEE!!! Now hopefully everybody will leave Sharon alone so she can continue to help Hawai'i's homeless and hungry.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I said from the beginning ~ Sharon Black was INNOCENT. Framed by those guilty themselves. Someday, the truth will come out and the guilty will pay for their CRIMES. So much evidence was not allowed into court. Yet, the Jury saw beyond the lies and the twists of a crafty Prosecutor.

To Sharon's lawyer ~ Awesome and Unique! You gave your all and spoke from your heart ~ you told the TRUTH!

Although it is a Hung Jury ~ it is a good one. Knowing the Jury voted the way they did. Truth will always prevail and one should never be afraid of TRUTH!

Congratulations Sharon Black!

Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

http://starbulletin.com/2007/01/23/news/story06.html

Judge declares mistrial in record-tampering case

Former HPD worker Sharon Black will be tried again in March

By Debra Barayuga

"A Circuit Court judge declared a mistrial in the records theft case against Honolulu Police Department outreach worker Sharon Black yesterday after a jury could not reach a unanimous decision.

Circuit Judge Richard Perkins set a retrial on the charges the week of March 27. The jury had been deliberating for 2 1/2 days.

Deputy public defender Thomas Otake said Black is pleased that the prosecution was unable to secure convictions on each of the three counts.

"She is innocent of all three counts, and we look forward to continuing fighting these charges," he said.

Deputy Prosecutor Chris Van Marter declined comment on the verdict, noting that the case has been set for a retrial."

Dang! Again? ??? Wat is wrong with dis? Tax Payers $ is being WASTED!!! Please write Circuit Judge Richard Perkins and whoever needs to be written and tell um enough is enough!!!!!

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Comment

[...]Please write Circuit Judge Richard Perkins and whoever needs to be written and tell um enough is enough!!!!![/b][...]
          Do you have contact info, by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Do you have contact info, by chance?
            Circuit Court (O`ahu First Circuit)
            Hawaii Circuit Court Judge Richard Perkins
            Ka`ahumanu Hale
            777 Punchbowl Street
            Honolulu Hi 96813 - 5093

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Comment

It has also been suggested elsewhere that people should write/call the Mayor's office and City Council members regarding this total waste of taxpayer money. It is so ridiculous that HPD can lie on the witness stand yet evidence that proves that they were lying is not even allowed in court. If the jury had seen the evidence, they surely would have acquitted her 100%.
              So sad but at least she is one step closer to the TRUE VERDICT...NOT GUILTY!!

Comment

Kaukau Wagon is in Trouble!

Sharon received a call from a City Official.

Per Sharon:

"Bottom line they have had complaints about my feeding the homeless at the park and want me to stop or make sure they leave the park when we do.
                Basically they want us out of the park all together and made it clear they are willing to close the park down A K A gate it off to make that happen if community complaints don't stop.

They feel that our once a week for 2 hrs makes the homeless problem worse cause we are empowering the problem and not making those we give food responsible citizens. They say we are NOT teaching them how to conform to our society rules.

According to the caller ...The d/t businesses have made many complaints and believe that if we go.... the homeless will go too. All we have to do is stop feeding them. My other option at this time would be to tell them to leave after we are done serving and make sure they stay away. Why would I tell them to leave a public park? They have a right to be there."
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is this City coming to? The lines are getting longer every week and never do we let anyone go hungry. We are Volunteers who care and give from our hearts. Please help keep KauKau Wagon going. It is for the hungry and homeless ~ those who are less fortunate than ourselves!

How dare they!

Auntie Lynn
                Last edited by 1stwahine; January 25, 2007, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I met two friends at McDonalds on School Street. The last time I saw them was at our 50th Birthday Bash in Las Vegas. Anyways, Shannon donated $200.00 worth of VitaMix. It's used primarily to feed the Hungry in third world countries. She read my story about KauKau Wagon and so she decided she could help feed my friends right here in Hawaii nei.

While we were sitting down she brought out a container, cups and spoons. She told me and Aimee to taste the VitaMix! I neva like but I knew had to.heheheh I smiled as she gave me mine to taste. Wow! Da bugga wen taste like Gandule Rice!!!!! Upon closer inspection ~ had plenty gandule beans!!!

I can make it even better by adding tomato sauce, cilantro and olives. Add Pork and it's Gandule Rice Supreme!

There's no time foa me to prepare for today's lunch. I'll make it next week. I'm making a sample for the Volunteers to taste today.

Preparation is easy. Boil in water for 1/2 hour and steam like regular rice.

Auntie Lynn
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; February 3, 2007, 10:56 AM.

Comment

HPD raided the Park last night where we serve our friends. The woman who was being stubborn who refused shelter was finally told to leave or get arrested. It was a Big Change. In fact, the area was much cleaner. Those who came to eat dispersed quickly. I gave out 'safeway' plastic bags today. It gave me a chance to talk to each individual. Holding their hands, honi honi's, kisses and winks I give freely. No one complains or pushes me back. Everybody laughs as I tell them my stories or sing them a song.

A man asked me a bit cockily "How many paychecks are you away from being homeless?" I looked at him and said "I was Homeless with my children!" "As for your question...I still stand in-line every month for surplus food at MWH!"

His mouth dropped open and he apologized. I told him it's ok....I am angry too at the System.

Ahhh...my friends at KauKau Wagon.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Breaking News!!! CASE DISMISSED!!!

Sharon Black is now FREE!!!

Yeehaaaaaa!!!!!!

Now we concentrate on feeding our friends at Kaukau Wagon!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Breaking News!!! CASE DISMISSED!!![...]
                        WOW! YIPPEEEEEEE! WAY TO GO, SHARON!

Auntie, please post any links (or details) as they become available.

Comment

Maika`i!!! Excellent news!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            WOW! YIPPEEEEEEE! WAY TO GO, SHARON!

Auntie, please post any links (or details) as they become available.
                            http://starbulletin.com/2007/03/20/news/story03.html
                            Indictment dismissed in theft of medical examiner's records

Circuit Judge Richard Perkins granted Sharon Black's request to dismiss the indictment against her

By Debra Barayuga

"Honolulu police outreach worker Sharon Black will not be tried a second time in a records theft case.

Circuit Judge Richard Perkins granted Black's request yesterday to dismiss the indictment against her for unauthorized computer access, tampering with government records and fourth-degree theft.

In dismissing the case, Perkins considered the state's interest in prosecuting the case against fairness to the defendant and the orderly functioning of the court, said deputy public defender Thomas Otake.

Black was facing a second trial this month after jurors announced at her first trial in January that they were deadlocked and a mistrial was declared.

"Sharon is a wonderful person who has done nothing wrong, but because she previously sued HPD for harassment, she became a target and they came after her, tried to convict her of a crime she didn't commit."

The resolution of this case sends a clear message to Honolulu police and prosecutors "that our society and justice system will not stand for baseless prosecution that is vindictive and retaliatory in nature," Otake said."

SHARON can now move forward.

From AuntiePupule.com: http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=984#cmt

"It was a good day and at least I can move passed the BS of the criminal junks. I knew in my heart that I had done nothing wrong, in fact quite the opposite. I have always been committed to making a positive difference in the community and helping those I believe need the volume of my voice the most. I have done that many times over. I will continue to do that many times over.

I have many challenges to face ahead but I know with the love of my family and friends, I will get through. The quality of wonderful people in my life is a blessing no words could ever begin to express how much they mean to me.

Sharon"

Auntie Lynn
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; March 20, 2007, 03:39 AM.

Comment

From AuntiePupule.com: http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=984#cmt (...) "I have many challenges to face ahead but I know with the love of my family and friends, I will get through. The quality of wonderful people in my life is a blessing no words could ever begin to express how much they mean to me.
                              Sharon"
                              Auntie Lynn was too humble to include the other part that Sharon wrote there:
                              "Lynn thank u SIS for everything!!! U always brighten my day. SO PLEASE make sure u take care of urself so I know that u will be around for a very long time. CONGRATS LYNN, Ur commitment to ur community is so awesome! U are a blessing to those lives u touch."

To which we can only say... AMEN to that!

Comment

• Re: Health Department: ALOHA, Sandwiches!

Auntie Lynn... Sharon... did you see this Breaking News item on the Advertiser's website? :

"Organizations that want to feed the homeless no longer will be required to prepare food in Health Department-certified kitchens under an exemption that went into effect today.
                                "The Department of Health will work closely with groups seeking the exemption, but will allow them to cook food at homes and churches as long as they provide food to the homeless free of charge.
                                "The exemption stays in effect for 120 days while a permanent administrative rule change is being sought."

Am I right in assuming that this is terrific news for you? Sure hope so!

Comment

Working...
                                X