Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

heheheh

In The StarBulletin this morning: http://starbulletin.com/2006/11/22/news/story09.html

Feeder of unfortunate will host a turkey dinner
    By Pat Gee

"Sharon Black says she used to cry herself to sleep after walking the New York City streets as a homeless child, smelling the cooking and hearing the families gathering for a special holiday dinner."

"She vowed to herself: "I was going to make a difference. I know what it's like not to have a home. ... I don't know how many nights I spent cold, hungry and scared. That's the one dream I wouldn't let go of: that I was going to make a difference."

"I don't turn anybody away; it's nonconditional. If you're hungry and you're in that line," that's all that matters, she said.

It was last year on this very thread that Sharon and I hooked up again after many years. I make one year volunteering at Kaukau Wagon. It's been the most rewarding year of my Life. What started out as donating a turkey, stuffing and gravy turned into hours of wonderful friendships full of Love and Aloha.

Working side by side with Sharon and the Kaukau Wagon crew has been awesome and I shall continue to do so as long as my health permits me to.

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn

P.S. Mahalo Ericka!
    Last edited by 1stwahine; November 22, 2006, 03:16 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I'm happy to report ~ weve got EVERYTHING!!!!!!

We got tables, chairs, sound system, etc.

We got ENTERTAINERS!

You juss gotta BELIEVE!

Mahalo from Sharon Black, The KauKau Wagon Crew and our many friends that we feed!

Happy Thanksgiving 2006!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I have received confirmation from my Hanai Brother, Mr. Burton White.
        Artistic Director & General Manager of Hawai'i Theater.

Electricity will be turned on for our use on November 25th for our Annual Thanksgiving Celebration!

Woo Hoo!

The Entertainment is major!

I not telling who.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I know I wasn't going tell but I'm too excited!heheheh

Featuring Mihana!!! and

Billy Lyman - Winner of this year's Kamehameha Day Falcetto Contest!

Yep! Auntie Pupule going sing too.

I got my turkey all ready to be roasted.

Auntie Lynn
          Last edited by 1stwahine; November 24, 2006, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Good morning everyone! It's Thanksgiving Saturday! Turkey is in the Oven.heheheh

Have a great day

Auntie Lynn

Comment

All Pau!

It was a success!

We served 48 Turkeys and ukapila odda stuff. Pies galore. Clothes, Shave ice, Snacks, Fruits, Ham, etc. etc. etc.

900 plus people are much happier today.

The volunteers ranged from students to elderly. All for one purpose ~ to feed the hungry!

I did my duty as told. Walking around sharing Aloha and Love to my many friends. The crowd enjoyed the sounds of Mihana, Evitte and Auntie Pupule! Our DJ and Karaoke Man "Cassie" provided the music and the equipment. He also sang. My friend and winner of the Aloha Festival Falcetto Contest, Billy Lyman sang too. Lt. Gov. Aiona was impressed as well as the crowd. My Hanai Brother Robert Caz made an appearance but was too busy walauing with MAMA and Burton White. He did say hi to those who went up to him.

Sharon Black sang "Winds Beneath My Wings." She sang from her heart...for those who know her situation and who love her came close to the stage area. We all were touched and were deeply moved by her rendition. She has a great voice! You go girl!

The volunteers from HPD were many. They all worked hard. Maj. Macadangdang and crew from District I were awesome. Norma who was in charge of the Food Line ~ WOW! Jan, what can say...Awesome! HPD - my papale off to you!

Last year, I made a comment on how the goons of LT Governor Duke Aiona didn't smile and just wasn't showing any "Aloha." I'm happy to report this year the body guard was a bruddah who was full of Aloha!

As for The LT Governor ~ he was Excellent. His prayer touching and came from his heart. Once again he took his place in line and served the hungry. He took the time to talk to each individual who wanted to talk to him. He didn't rush nor say no to anyone.

After everything was cleaned and put away, the KauKau wagon crew were treated to dinner at Mini Garden by a doctor in appreciation for the work we do. All tired but still laughing...we looked at each other and SMILED!

All PAU!

Christmas Day ~ Hilton Hawaiian Villiage going handle the Food. All we gotta do is the ENTERTAINMENT!

Das me again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
              Last edited by 1stwahine; November 25, 2006, 04:51 PM.

Comment

In The Advertiser this Morning: http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...11260351/1001/

Pictures courtesy of Sharon Black:

Auntie Pupule singing!

The many who came!

Everyone was fed and went home with something.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I was in court holding Antonio when Judge Waldrolf announced her decision...No Dismissal. Sharon will go to trial in January. I don't understand why but I respect the Judge's ruling ~ she knows the Law. It's up to the jury in January. Let the evidence speak for itself and let her peers judge her rightfully so. As her friend, I know deep in my heart and mind she is innocent from what they have accused her of doing. There are so many things which hasn't come out...at the trial it shall be known. Shame and Dishonor to those who conspired and wasted taxpayer's money.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                    I was in court holding Antonio when Judge Waldrolf announced her decision...No Dismissal. Sharon will go to trial in January. I don't understand why but I respect the Judge's ruling ~ she knows the Law. It's up to the jury in January. Let the evidence speak for itself and let her peers judge her rightfully so. As her friend, I know deep in my heart and mind she is innocent from what they have accused her of doing. There are so many things which hasn't come out...at the trial it shall be known. Shame and Dishonor to those who conspired and wasted taxpayer's money.

Auntie Lynn
                    That sucks. Hopefully Sharon's attorneys will line up good witnesses. I think Sharon stands a better chance of being acquitted if she goes before a jury than if a judge was the only one deciding. She has done so much for the hungry in Honolulu, and that's one very positive thing she has going for her.

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Tita Miulang, My heart aches today. I've seen and heard so much more worse than what Sharon is accused of in the past and present. I can go walk outside my door and take a few steps and see illegal things happening. It disgusts me more ever today. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth fighting against. Making a difference...the bad gets to go free while the innocent gets blamed. I'm confused today. So confused.

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                        Tita Miulang, My heart aches today. I've seen and heard so much more worse than what Sharon is accused of in the past and present. I can go walk outside my door and take a few steps and see illegal things happening. It disgusts me more ever today. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth fighting against. Making a difference...the bad gets to go free while the innocent gets blamed. I'm confused today. So confused.

Lynn
                        Remember? Everything happens for a reason. And everything happens when it's supposed to. I'm thinking that this has to go to trial in order for the public to hear about some of the bad things that go on in local government. And maybe Sharon will be rewarded in positive ways that no one can imagine right now because of all that she's going through. You just have to keep the faith.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                          Remember? Everything happens for a reason. And everything happens when it's supposed to. I'm thinking that this has to go to trial in order for the public to hear about some of the bad things that go on in local government. And maybe Sharon will be rewarded in positive ways that no one can imagine right now because of all that she's going through. You just have to keep the faith.

Miulang
                          Yes. I understand. Everything happens for a reason...one of my favorite quotes. I can't wait till January. Knowing how my friend and family is hurting is hurting me too. I can only pray for them and be there whenever they want me to. I would do the same for any friend of mine.

Mahalo

Lynn

Comment

Mahalo Lynn and All for the awesome support.

Lynn I can't thank u enough for just being there. U know I appreciate all u have done from the heart.

I think Mihulang is right. I may be better off with a jury. It all depends on the instructions they get, the information they are allowed to have.
                            Maybe it will be a situation where the wrongs will come more to light and maybe enough people will be annoyed enough to speak out and demand a change that I alone certainly cannot make happen. I'm one voice in many.

I'm fine Lynn. Been there and done all this. So I atleast am prepared a lil better emotionally and that helps. For now, I continue to put my best efforts and heart to where and what I do best. And in-between I'll just snuggle up to my 4 legged babies.

MAHALO Again to all those who have shared their support and belief. It means so much more then any words I can ever say.
                            I wish u each the very best in this holiday season and throughout the new year.

Lynn my SIS....see ya Sat.

Comment

Breaking News!!!

Closing arguments have begun in Sharon Black's case. Jury will then go to make a decision. Please pray for my friend.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Comment

H-Jury 8 to 4 in Sharon's Favor!!!!

Will the Prosecutor keep wasting Tax Payer's money and ask for another Trial?

Will the Judge grant a Dismissal?

8 to 4 of her peers FOUND the evidence TO SHOW HER INNOCENT OF ALL CHARGES!

Auntie Lynn
                                Last edited by 1stwahine; January 22, 2007, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X