Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

Originally posted by Kalona808
    Aunty Lynn

I think I remember u!!!! U were right on Hotel Street. U had this small lil place right by the sub station? If that's u, then OMG I remember how wonderful u were to us. U fed us so many times and big ol meals too. No wonder I was so chunky back then. LMAO WOW!! Tell me I have the right lady! And if so where have u gone? I haven't seen u for years!
    Hugs big time!
    Aloha Sharon! Yep, Das me! Guess all of HPD Crew got a bit thinner since I left Chinatown. LOL We sold the resturant last September. I've been busy taking care of MAMA and my grandson. I've had offers to re-open in Chinatown but for now I must reconsider. A little health setback. Meanwhile, I write in my Blog at AuntiePupule.com. I still help fight the drug and illegal activities in Chinatown!

Malama pono

Lynn Vasquez

P.S. Please say Aloha to Tony for me!

By the way, I will donate a Roast Turkey for Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by 1stwahine; October 5, 2005, 11:18 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hmmm I can't tell if that was a compliment or not, or if the intent was humor oriented. So I'll just believe it was meant positively for now.
      complimentary all the way...just consider "whack-job" another way of saying "self-directed individual"...sorry for any confusion...the civically-minded people i've "met" here have inspired me in ways reflected in my work ethic and feelings of societal obligation...for that i thank all a yall...

i figure give till it hurts, then self medicate...
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

LMAO Lurka Ummm Uhhh I don't think so. Not if it means treating people like that. I'll just keep it all simple from my end.
        Nah Kalona, I was only teasing. You're akamai in realizing that the "Aunty Aloha mu'umu'u" that you wear as the Kau Kau Wagon Lady was tailor-made just for you, especially with your unique background and ability to personally relate to the life and living conditions these homeless folks are living on a daily basis.

I believe that when a person does a lot of good with no expectations of any reward, good things will come back to them many times over. I can see it working in your situation, and I'm sure you can too.
        Last edited by lurkah; October 5, 2005, 03:55 PM.

Comment

WOW Aunty Lynn

How wonderful it is to hear from u. I did get a chance to read some of ur blog. WOW. I hope u know my very best wishes are with u all the way in all u do. And thank u so much for looking out for so many people for so many years. Ur heart is so good.

Ehhh Mahalo for the Turkey, That's awesome! I'll give u more info as we get a lil closer to the time.

Comment

Gosh Sharon, It is an honor coming from you! Lil' things means alot. Doing things from one's heart and seeing the outcome is worth more than any award, recognition or status can bring. You more than anyone can understand the things I do. I thank you for standing up and being the fighter that you are! You always was, you always will be! You go girlfriend!

As for Thanksgiving, let me know. I have alot to be thankful this year. What better way to share with those who are less fortunate.

Malama pono

Auntie Lynn of Chinatown!
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I agree Aunty Lynn.

I just can't imagine what the holidays would be like if we didn't share. It's so much a part of my holiday tradition for many years, I think I'd be lost if it was any other way. Hugs to u big time!! Hope to see u soon.

Lurka

I agree big time, no expectations is the wisest and most real way to reach out and share. basically it's the old saying what comes around goes around many times over. What u put out is what u get back. I can't count how many times I have been blessed with good things unexpected. Even a simple thank u, is priceless. And sometimes that thank u simply comes in the form of a smile. I got tons of smiles this past Sat.

JDUB

OK I accept ur positive unique comments. LOL Actually I kinda find ur comments with some humor. I am so glad to hear that our motivation is being shared with u.
              Like I said...Imagine this Island alone has 1.25 million people, and if each person did one thing....anything at all, we could make a HUGE difference.

Comment

The Lt. Gov's (Duke Aiona) office called me a few minutes ago stating they are looking into the law RE: feeding Hawaii's hungry.
                They are seeking ways to possible change it, or adjust it so people like me who are trying to make a difference can do so w/o all the red tape, cost of permits, etc....and still maintain the safety of those in need.

This is really good especially for those in need and for those who are genuine in trying to help out in their community.

Thank u all again for making a difference by being heard and supporting such a powerful issue of human compassion!!

Have a great weekend!

Comment

The Lt. Gov's (Duke Aiona) office called me a few minutes ago stating they are looking into the law RE: feeding Hawaii's hungry.
                  They are seeking ways to possible change it, or adjust it so people like me who are trying to make a difference can do so w/o all the red tape, cost of permits, etc....and still maintain the safety of those in need.
                  That would be awesome if they could pull this off, Kalona, even if it might be used as a warm and fuzzy publicity thing for them come this Thanksgiving. But eh...nothing wrong with that, yeah? Main thing the people are the ones who'll be benefitting in the long run, long after Mr. Aiona is gone from office.

Comment

Geev 'em Kalona! Tell Duke what it would take for you to be able to continue your program and to get other groups involved in these programs. It's everybody's kuleana to take care of their neighbors, especially if those neighbors are in dire straits because society or mental illness has forced them to be homeless.

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

If we can help by sending letters or e-mails, please let us know!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Lurka I know what u mean. LOL

But I can say this, Duke has come out so far every year I have asked him. He's been humble and supportive and I believe he really does have a heart for the people and he does keep it real. He's been genuine as long as I have known him.

I do know there a few politicians like him such as Suzanne Chun. And unfortunately there are some that are just about the public image and have NO clue how to walk the talk. For those, I don't bother to waist my energy.
                        I just do my famous stink eye and walk on. LOL And here's the humor part....
                        I actually got written up and investigated for my outstanding stink eye ability.
                        LMAO I offered to wear dark sun glasses to help remedy the problem. LOL But I guess that wasn't taken too well. LOL Long story. It's not a good thing to be seen as the unrully rebel child of the system. HAHAHA Geeez!

Comment

And here's the humor part....
                          I actually got written up and investigated for my outstanding stink eye ability.
                          LMAO I offered to wear dark sun glasses to help remedy the problem.
                          HAHAHA!! Now I KNOW you and Aunty Lynn have met before! You two could end up being the new downtown "Telmah and Luweeze Stink Eye Sistahs".

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                            HAHAHA!! Now I KNOW you and Aunty Lynn have met before! You two could end up being the new downtown "Telmah and Luweeze Stink Eye Sistahs".
                            LMAO ROTF!!! yeah we kinda have that street side to us. Kinda hard to conceal. And at our age, geeez why bother? LOL

Comment

[...]
                              So please if ur a supporter of IHS, keep on supporting them, becuace it's not about the staff, it's about the people who are in need. We have to separate the admin BS from the people there seeking help to get on their feet.

But as u know there's always more to a story then is publicly stated. So keep ur eyes open and u'll see how the dots begin to connect. lol hint hint.
                              Eh Kalona, is this story one of the "dots" that you were talking about?

Comment

Lurka

The truth is I really do wish her well. She did do some good there. I guess for us at the Kau Kau wagon, something else came into play that most likely has nothing to do with our program and she was possibly responding to the preasure from else where. Like I said the bottom line in all this, is it's all about those in need, not those of us who serve. I wouldn't want any person who needs to go w/o because of things that have nothing to do with them.

Have u been watching the Medical Examiner story on KITV? I hope so. Cause that's where the links begin. I think u can go to the KITV site and ck out the story. It gets more interesting each night which would include tonights report as well. Maybe then this whole ugliness will create a bigger picture then currently meets the eye.

Anyway, right now I am busting my butt trying to get everything together for the TG dinner for the 26th of Nov at 1230 ...Gateway Park...next to Hawaii theater. We have lots of needs. We have made some progress.
                                So if any of u out there believe u can help out please let us know.

We need more ready to serve cooked hams and turkeys, pans of yams cooked & ready to serve, we need pans of stuffing, pans of cranberry sauce, more rolls, fresh fruits, lots of pies sliced, a generator, tables and chairs, toiletries, old cloths, and fast food coupons that can be used all year round to continue to give those in need another meal after the event. We also need the to go containors for the food, more large heavy duty paper plates.
                                and we could use some tarps.

We did get some live local music, but no generator, we got star bucks coffee and some jamba juice, we got the eating utencils, and some of the stuff I mentioned above. So there is hope that we will get this all together. I just have to jamm my phone lines and keep shamelessly begging. LOL HAHA
                                The great news is we have lots of volunteers to serve. Wish we had that every week, but ehhh I won't complain, we're just glad we can make this an extra special day for those who need it.

I dunno if u all know but the reason we decided to do this the Sat after TG is because we found that there is many programs that actually do TG day. Hunger and need for those in our community is a daily thing. We are a small program but I believe every lil bit counts and makes a difference.

Hope u all have a great weekend. For all u Veterans out there....MAHALO!

Comment

Working...
                                X