Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

Originally posted by Pali
    Aloha!

Got $300 from McDonalds, $140 from Taco Bell (that's all the gift certs they had), and $100 from Jack in the Box...

Mahalo for doing this Kalona, see ya Saturday! (and yup, we're gonna get sistah Peshkew down here!!!)
    Pali it was great getting to meet u! Thank u so much for not only showing up but taking the time from ur booked up schedule and passing out some of the fast food coupons. Also I was able to get to see Aunty Lynn. Oh SIS u still got the golden heart forever!! U goooo girl!

WOW and Pesh I love how u called and joined us VIA phone. That was too wonderful!

Yes, the event filled my heart right over the top. It was something I will forever keep as a treasure. The volunteers were the best it gets. They were the real HEROS! I just was the lucky one to put it together but they were the reason for the events success. There are no words that can describe seeing that much community heart in one place giving their all to help others. WOW. Talk about blessings to be thankful for...this was by far an understatement.
    It was as if we came from Deaths door and totally came alive and then some!

AND the band.....The Soundettes. OMG They were awesome! They took this lil program from the ghetto so to speak LMAO to a new height of class and warmth. The sound crew and set up of the music and the band combined was a dream come true. The smiles out there were the biggest I had ever seen. They even bought this excellent Hula dancer. She was great! The TG of HOPE was the best ever!!! I didn't think it could get better but gawd it was the best!

This was the best lack of sleep time I ever had. And so we move onto Christmas. The good news is we don't need food cause the Hawaiian Hilton does all that. All we do is the suppliment stuffs. Maybe some of u would like to join us there. Let me know.
    Hint hint Pali. LMAO!!! Maybe this time we can get u to do a lil music. That would be great!!! LOL Let me know. Ehhhh a girl can dream! HAHaHA

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      Aloha! Wow! It was a SUCCESS! Bravo Sharon!!! From the begginning, my heart was excited. Sharon had planned everything to the core. From food, tables, chairs, drinks, etc. to who was going to do what. Everything organized to the T.

The Spirit of the Holiday were upon us all. There were no prejudice around. Our mission was to feed those less fortunate than us. To make their day special.

As I went around to take pictures, I saw many whom I knew from Benny's & the streets. I hugged each one and wished them Happy Holidays.

So much food, desserts, clothes, and so much, much LOVE!

Pictures are already posted on my Blog
      @ http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog
      enjoy!!!!!

Auntie Lynn
      Aunty WOW OMG!!!!!! That was fantastic. I never got to see ur web site before. Thanks for the link. I will be sharing the link with all my friends and then some!!! Great pics!!!!!!
      MAHALO Beeeeg time!! Aunty u are forever in my heart. When I figure out how to post on ur blog I will.
      Hugs to u sis!!!!!!!!
      Love ya!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalona808
        Aunty WOW OMG!!!!!! That was fantastic. I never got to see ur web site before. Thanks for the link. I will be sharing the link with all my friends and then some!!! Great pics!!!!!!
        MAHALO Beeeeg time!! Aunty u are forever in my heart. When I figure out how to post on ur blog I will.
        Hugs to u sis!!!!!!!!
        Love ya!!!!!!
        You are very welcome Sharon!

I'll be there with my camera and LOVE for your Christmas gala too!

See ya!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aunty I look forward to seeing u Christmas.

OK People, I know u about had enough of me asking for things.....But there's NO way I cannot. When it comes to children I can't turn my back in anyway.
          I dunno how I got this task in my lap but it's there and I deparately need help.

There's a childrens shelter on the Eva side with 42 kids ranging from ages
          o-17. The agency that has helped them other Christmas's has bailed out on them in the last minute (I can relate to that feeling) to help another program. WOW that's stinks!!!

Anyway the kind of gifts these kids are looking for is really simple things such as a Samoan bible, knee high socks, lego's etc. These children are homeless, the parents have a job but not enough to pay rent anywhere. They are all drug free parents and have been tested.

NO child should be w/o Christmas. I am going to get their wish list and I am going to ask every soul I know to ensure these children have the Chirstmas every child deserves.

Together we can make this happen. Like I said this is not something I went looking for, it found me. And I simply can't ignore it. I don't have the kind of money to do this on my own. My job is messing with me big time and I don't have the extra I use to have. But I am determined to see this happen.
          Please e-mail me if u can help.............

Kalona808@aol.com
          MAHALO to u ALL

Comment

Originally posted by Kalona808
            NO child should be w/o Christmas. I am going to get their wish list
            And when you do, please publish that list here, k?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Mahalo Laki

Something odd went down with that. I haven't quite figured out the details so we backed off with the statement of "they have their wish list met"
              Hmmmm. I sure hope so but seems odd.

But thanks for offereing to help. That's awesome.

I just had to share this with u all. It really gave me chicken skin. I couldn't help but think of the
              Kau Kau Wagona and all the fabulous volunteers who have supported us in so many ways!!!
              As I have always said....every lil bit really counts.
              WOW!!!! This song is ALL of US!!!!! Very inspirational. Very soulful and so beautiful.

I hope u enjoy this as much as I do. It speaks my heart better then any song I have heard in many years. WOW!! Love it.

I have my greatest Christmas gift but it isn't under my tree or in a pretty box with ribbon and bows. It's what u have each shared with me. I am blessed more then I could have ever imagined. U shared my vision of hope, my strongest life dream came true.

I'm overwhelmed and so thankful! Thank u all for ur support in so many great ways. U have touched my heart. There is no greater gift then that for me.
              From My heart .....
              Kalona
              Hugs to u all!

http://www.streaming-clips.com/videoclips/7385/Destiny's-Child/Stand-up-for-Love.php

DESTINY'S CHILD LYRICS

Stand Up For Love

[Beyonce]
              There are times I find it hard to sleep at night
              We are living through such trouble times
              And every child that reaches out
              For someone to hold
              For one moment
              They become my own

And how can I pretend that I don't know
              What's going on?
              When every second
              And every minute
              Another soul is gone

And I believe that in my life
              I will see
              An end to hopelessness
              Or giving up
              Or suffering

Then we all stand together this one time
              Then no one will get left behind
              And stand up for life
              Stand up
              And here me sing
              Stand up
              For love

[Kelly]
              Im inspired
              And hope
              For each and everyday
              That's how I know that things are going to change
              So how can I pretend that I don't know
              What's going on?
              When every second
              And every minute
              Another soul is gone

And I believe that in my life
              I will see
              An end to hopelessness
              Or giving up
              Or suffering

If we all stand together this one time
              And stand up for life
              Stand up
              For love

[Michelle]
              And it all starts right here
              And it starts right now
              One person stand up man!
              And the rest will follow
              From the forgotten
              And From the Unloved

Im gonna sing this song,

And I believe
              That in my life
              I will see
              An end to hopelessness
              Or giving up
              Or suffering

If we all stand together this one time
              And stand up
              for life
              stand up
              and sing
              Stand up
              For love

Comment

Wheeeew this age thing is rough. I forgot my password here. LOL
                I felt like I was in the rumblestillkin game. After several times I finally got it. Now if I am lucky I will remember which one worked. HAHA

Anyway just wanted to come by and wish u and ur loved ones all a safe, happy, healthy holidays and new year. I also wanted to thank each of u for ur support in helping the kau Kau wagon stay on it's feet to keep doing what it does. And trust me ur voice really does count. Everything is set to go for Christmas...thanks to the Hawaiian Hilton and their awesome staff. We will even have some nice entertainment.

Any of of u are welcome to come by. U can't serve or bring food though. That's all covered. However if u want to bring, candy, old cloths, and things like that, it would be welcome. Fresh Fruits are great and the fast food coupons are the best! Or just come by and enjoy the company and Hula dancers and stuff. I can tell u this it wouldn't be Christmas for me w/o this event. I love to see all the smiles even if it's just for a small moment of time.
                If u think about it, it's the smiles we share in those times that stay with us forever.

Mele kalikimaka to u all!!!!!!! U deserve it!!!

Hugs !

Comment

What time Sharon? What area or Ballroom?

Thanks,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Oooops LOL Told ya I have brain damage. I forgot to give that info.

It's Sunday Christmas day We will be serving at 1100 am. on Bethel and Hotel Street...next to Hawaii Theater in downtown.

On Christmas Eve....We will also be doing our regular thing, giving out sandwiches and snacks on Christmas eve the 24th Sat. ....same location.....but the usual time....1:45 pm..no later then 2:00 pm. We don't have cloths and stuff that day. So if u want, feel free to bring whatever u want that day and pass it out. That would be great! Then they would kinda have two Christmas celebrations. LOL No shame here. HUH? hahaha Candy canes, fresh fruits would be awesome, maybe some extra sanwiches, or sliced up fresh carrot, hard boiled eggs are a huge hit. Last week a friend made some home made fudge. OMG it was so ono!!! I had to make an extra effort to stay away from that area. LOL HAHA

Hope to see u there.

Comment

http://starbulletin.com/2005/12/25/news/story01.html

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! This is great!!!! I wish I had known about it. I would have been more then happy to help out. Great job to ALL of u. And I'm not even surprised about the awesome hearts each of u shared to make it happen.
                      Makes me so proud that I even know and have gotten to speak to u.
                      WOW.

For those of u coming out to the Kau Kau wagon/Hilton event meal today, I look forward to seeing u.
                      Hugs!!! xoxoxoxox
                      MELE KALIKIMAKA, u really know the meaning!

Comment

Congrats on making your wish come true Aunty Lynn!

Wave at Kalona for me the next time ya see her!

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe
                          Congrats on making your wish come true Aunty Lynn!

Wave at Kalona for me the next time ya see her!
                          Mahalo Peshkew! I wanted to see her yesterday so badly, alas, I couldn't sneak away from my Hale. I'll hug her the next time for me & you!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Awww No worry. I'm there every Sat. So we'll catch up.

The event went really well. I think one of the things the regulars noticed was a HUGE increase in Seniors. Lots more fixed income people then usual.

However the smiles were tons. That was the best part. The Hawaiian Hilton employees really rock. They are so amazing and just so awesome. I can't begin to say how thankful we are.

I enjoyed watching the News last night and reading the papers. It seemed the reporters were all on a hot roll, showing just how many people gave up their time, efforts and resources to help others. One program after the other.
                            And to think some stupid over priced study had the nerve to say Hawaii people are cheap when it comes to volunteers and giving. Obviously they have never been to the real Hawaii and they have no real clue about the truths of the people here and just how big these hearts genuinely are. Too bad cause they would have known this state really does have some of the very best hearts when it comes to helping those in needs. Now that is the facts not just some magic ink BS.

Now onto our New year.
                            Happy New Year to ALL of u. I wish u all the very best in health, happiness, love, safety and all the great blessings u each earned and deserve!

Comment

Urgent!!!!!!!!!! SOS
                              There's a bill at the Senate right now that will be heard today at 2pm. It is about allowing non profits to use State Facility Kitchens to prepare food for those in need. This will help remove the red tape of the Dept Of Health permit for an approved kitchen for those who want to help out in the community to feed those in need. It would help so that the group can use the approved kitchen, and not have to worry about permits ect.

All u would need to do in order for this to get passed the first reading would be is to Fax a letter by no later then 2pm today to the Senate saying u support this bill. Ur welcome to hand write it or type it.

It is Senate Bill 2734 Senator Baker/ Senator Inouye Bill.

The Fax number is 586-6659

If u want u can show up to support the bill as well. The hearing is today at 2:45pm Capitol Room 225.

Mahalo for any support u can help with. Remember all u have to do is fax a short letter stating u support the bill. And then be sure to give ur name and contact info. One sentence is all it takes.

EVERY LETTER COUNTS! especially at such short notice.

MAHALO BIG TIME!

Last edited by Kalona on Feb. 16, 2006 at 07:47 AM

Comment

Thanks for the head's up. I've just faxed my letter. It's a little longer than one sentence. Hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X