Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

MAHALO BIIIIIIIIIIIIG TIME!!! Like I said every letter will make a difference especially being this is so last moment.

Comment

I don't have a FAX Machine but if somebody can submit my information for me I'd appreciate BIG TIME! Email me for my information. Eh, no need you already know my information!

Mahalo!

Lynn Vasquez
      MWH Resident
      lynn.vasquez@gmail.com
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Lynn ...hope this helps.

Yes U can e-mail as well.....thanks
        I called Public Access Line
        587 0478 info

OK U can also e-mail ur testimony as well. But u must hurry because the hearing is at 245pm. Ur suppose to have ur testimony there 24hrs in advance but the lady told me that if the e-mail gets there early enough it may still be read and will still count as a support.

Email testimony at ............

Testimony@Capitol.Hawaii.gov

Senate Bill 2734
        Direct ur testimony to HTH and TGO
        include bill number SB2734

U may want to call and leave a message as well that u have
        e-mailed ur support so the staff knows and can carry on the message.

It's a joint bill..........

The number for Sen Baker is 586-6070

The number for Inouye is 586-7335

Thank u again and yes ur call and e-mail and fax really do count. Whatever u can do will count! Sorry about the last minute thing.

Comment

will do!

Lynn

Comment

Mahalo Lynn

If u can call or e-mail anyone thay can help out as well that would be great.
            Every single support counts.

Comment

Just sent mine... hope it was in time! Good luck to you.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui

Just sent mine... hope it was in time! Good luck to you.
                Me too!

If that "me too" yanked somebody's chain, uhhh...tough.

Comment

WOW that's awesome .....MAHALO SO MUCH!!! To me this is about encouraging people to be able to do something if they want to w/o making obstacles. Recently because HPD has pushed away programs that do not have the permit, our numbers at the Kau Kau wagon have deeply increased.
                  It hasn't been easy meeting the demand but ehhhh we will always give it the best we have cause we believe in what we do...simple and real

If you want to confirm your e-mail's receipt, you need to do so using the Public Access Line's phone number. Do not call the Senators' offices direct as they don't receive the e-mails. Evidently, the e-mails get processed and given to the respective committees.

HB, I'm guessing you already e-mailed your testimony. Here's a copy of what I sent. When I called to confirm the e-mail with Senator Baker's office the employee was nice but sort of curt and told me it had to be confirmed through the Public Access Line (so I sent Kalona an e-mail to send out to that effect). For those of you who've not e-mailed yet, it's important that the subject area has the SB number and the e-mail itself again has the SB number as well as your contact info.

My subject line: IN SUPPORT OF SB 2734

Dear Senators Baker and Inouye:

I greatly support Senate Bill 2734 that allows non profits to use State Facility Kitchens to prepare food for those in need. This Senate Bill is very much needed and I truly appreciate it now being done to help our community-at-large.

Our state of HI needs to be proactive in doing what we can to help those less fortunate than we are. Lessening red tape for non profits in being able to use approved State Facility Kitchens helps immensely.

Please do everything you can to help ensure that SENATE BILL 2734 gets enacted.

Sincerely grateful for your doing this,

my name (my family's names)

my address

Comment

Sharon, I called Public Access Line 587 0478 info to confirm if my email was recieved. I can't get through for the past 45 min. Either they're bombarded with calls ~ supporting the cause or the phones are off the hook.

Is there another number to call to verify?

Mahalo,

Lynn

hmmmm...if I don't get through, Antonio and I will take a visit to the State Capital today!heheheh

maybe pick-up an application too.
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; February 16, 2006, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Lynn I dunno why the lines are busy but like u said I hope it's because they are getting tons of support calls. I been e-mailing and on the phone most of this morning trying to get the word out. I wish I was given more notice time so I could have really got the ball rolling way stronger on this. So far I have 18 confirmations of letters of support faxed, several e-mails were sent and many phone calls. So let's hope that will help in getting this past the first reading. I'm not real good at this kinda stuff but ehhh I'm trying.
                      Thank u again for ur support and effort. U da bomb sis!

Comment

P.S. Lynn

Good luck on the application thing. I have NO doubt u'll do wonderful. U have the bubbly, outgoing and friendly personality they are looking for. So I would think u would have a great chance.
                        Ehhhh I may not be far behind u in making out applications. Sure is looking that way as of now. Oh well. What's 15yrs of loyal service to some people?
                        Hmmmmmm Moving right along.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalona808
                          Lynn I dunno why the lines are busy but like u said I hope it's because they are getting tons of support calls. I been e-mailing and on the phone most of this morning trying to get the word out. I wish I was given more notice time so I could have really got the ball rolling way stronger on this. So far I have 18 confirmations of letters of support faxed, several e-mails were sent and many phone calls. So let's hope that will help in getting this past the first reading. I'm not real good at this kinda stuff but ehhh I'm trying.
                          Thank u again for ur support and effort. U da bomb sis!
                          Sharon, I finally got through. Yippee. Well, sort of. I spoke to "Robbie." I told him how long it took me to get through. He said he doesn't know why I had a hard time for they have seven phones taking calls and they were "Not" busy. Really? Anyway's so busy he didn't find my email.

I emailed him another one and now I have to re-confirm dat one too. Ssssh.

All for a good cause.

Auntie Lynn

Update: Wow! Fast dis time. Spilt second fast. "Nelo" recieved my email. Could it be somebody no like me go to da State Capital and pick up an application? hahahahahah

too funny!

In time. In time.
                          Last edited by 1stwahine; February 16, 2006, 12:22 PM.

Comment

P.S. Lynn

Good luck on the application thing. I have NO doubt u'll do wonderful. U have the bubbly, outgoing and friendly personality they are looking for. So I would think u would have a great chance.
                            Ehhhh I may not be far behind u in making out applications. Sure is looking that way as of now. Oh well. What's 15yrs of loyal service to some people?
                            Hmmmmmm Moving right along.
                            Sharon, To Dream The Impossible Dream!

...never let anyone, tell you can't do it! Yo go girl!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Lynn did u get the application? If so and u get hired that way, let me know so when I am town I come visit or maybe we can go to lunch. U got nothing to lose. So go for it. Get em! lol

Anyway, thanks for not giving up and hanging in there. Ur right...it is a good cause. No one should have to go hungry because there are no resources. That's not acceptable. There are certain must in being a human being such as breathing, sleeping, eating etc. These are not things that are choice or optional.

Comment

Lynn did u get the application? If so and u get hired that way, let me know so when I am town I come visit or maybe we can go to lunch. U got nothing to lose. So go for it. Get em! lol

Anyway, thanks for not giving up and hanging in there. Ur right...it is a good cause. No one should have to go hungry because there are no resources. That's not acceptable. There are certain must in being a human being such as breathing, sleeping, eating etc. These are not things that are choice or optional.
                                Sharon, after the confirmation that they recieved my email - there was no need to go down. Instead, I'm watching "Legend Of Zorro!"

We must continue to help those who are less fortunate than us.

Mahalo,

Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X