Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

The lines once again long. The energy felt? Electrifying!!!!

We continued to serve our fellow neighbors who need our help. More new faces. More elderly people in line. Once again, the Homeless Problem escalates everyday.

No one is Safe. No one is 100% certain that he or she will be secured from the same plight of the ones who are in line today.

Aloha Harvest brought a container full of food and products again. Pizza, Bakery Products from Starbucks and other well known Bakeries in Hawai'i. KFC and ukipila goodies. Fresh Fruit Salad and Sandwiches too. A feast for all who came.

Loaves of Bread I offered to give away (two loaves each).heheheh People couldn't carry it cause they had too much in their hands already. Was so funny. I needed a gimick to make people come to my station and take the loaves. I yelled! It worked. They took. HAHAHAHAHAHA

My grandson, Antonio came with me today. He sat near me and behaved. He watched as Grandma did her thing making people laugh and showing her Aloha. I hope and pray he will continue my Legacy.

We continue to need donations of clothes. Please bring whatever you can to Bethel and Hotel Streets on Saturdays @ 1:45 p.m. or contact me through PM. Or at lynn.vasquez@gmail.com

KauKau Wagon is there every Saturday except the last Saturday of the month.

Sincerely,

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; August 12, 2006, 04:09 PM. Reason: Wat? Spelling!! Badda you? Don't let it!!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      In less than one hour, the Kaukau crew will be serving lunch as usually at the corner of Hotel and Bethel
      either musta been fast food,
      or all my clocks are wrong.
      Thinking i could get you, aunty, on tape for more youtube episodes....
      got there at Chinese Dentist, (tooth hurtee) and no mo da kine.
      only saw; a lil gal with a bucket hat at a smallish tablethat had alunimum trays. anodda gal helping do something. a scattered small crowd of what looked to be people that may or may not live in indigo fountain park.
      a gal sitting on the grass mound, bethel side, throwing food into the pond.
      So, i allowed myself to get distracted by the lost film crew shooting a block away...
      Last edited by kimo55; August 12, 2006, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Sorry I missed you Kimo55! We start around 1:45 p.m. and serve till everything is gone which takes anywhere from 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. I don't stick around...especially, when I have Antonio. He's too active.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Kimo...you arrived just when we were cleaning up and putting stuff away. The elderly lady at the table used to be a regular volunteer with us. I was picking up trash and Sharon was still there loading stuff into her van with her son and some others. You should have said something to one of us! We had a lot of leftover bagels and some loaves of bread that we put over to the side for people to take after we left. Please come back again.
          Psssttt...Aunty....Antonio was soooo cute and soooo well behaved! My daughter just adored him.

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy
            Kimo...you arrived just when we were cleaning up and putting stuff away. The elderly lady at the table used to be a regular volunteer with us. I was picking up trash and Sharon was still there loading stuff into her van with her son and some others. You should have said something to one of us! We had a lot of leftover bagels and some loaves of bread that we put over to the side for people to take after we left. Please come back again.
            Psssttt...Aunty....Antonio was soooo cute and soooo well behaved! My daughter just adored him.
            I want to add dat the Bakery stuffs I was giving away was top of the line! All fresh and onolicious. Loaves and loaves of anykine bread and pastries. Cinnamon, Pizza, Raisen, Cheese, Wheat, Rye, Cookies, Brownies, Bagels, etc. etc. I took some home too!

Antonio loved talking with your beautiful daughter. This was his second time to go to KauKau Wagon. Like I told Sharon, "I've already introduced my little grandson to help the Homeless by bringing him and making others Smile!" He along with my children will continue my Legacy...

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Sharon Black was taken in and booked on Monday and is now out on bail. She will be arraigned on Thurs. at 8:30 a.m. at the Courtroom on 4th floor at 1111 Alakea St. She had a difficult day but her daughter and 2 friends were with her for support. We believe in her innocence and that justice will prevail in this complete waste of taxpayers' money. She will continue her Kau Kau Wagon every Saturday as she has done for many years. Any support her extended ohana can give her is most appreciated.

FYI She has been trying to find a lunch wagon to expand her outreach. If anyone knows of any that are for sale and CHEAP...or knows how to secure funding for her...please let us know.

Comment

Sharon Black was taken in and booked on Monday and is now out on bail. She will be arraigned on Thurs. at 8:30 a.m. at the Courtroom on 4th floor at 1111 Alakea St.
                You can count on me to be there!

Justice will prevail.

I agree with you that Tax Payer's money is being wasted.

I'm angry at a System in which can't prosecute the true wrongdoers. I'm angry at the FBI for taking their sweet time. Let all the indictments begin so all Hawai'i can know WHO and WHAT they committed!!!

Sharon is INNOCENT!!!

The nerve.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Correction to where Sharon will be arraigned:

777 Punchbowl St. Courtroom 4
                  Judge Derrick Chan

8:30 a.m. Thurs. 8/17

Still not sure that I 'll be able to go in support of her because of my work schedule but I'm still gonna try and make it.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                    Department of Health, like many other controlling government institutions, was created using arguments that sound like this "You can't do it on your own, that's why we must protect you". This is the basic philosophical pillar of modern liberalism. The presumption is that you are incapable of fending for yourself, pretty much under all circumstances.
                    Yes TimKona, that darn Department of Health, sticking their nose into things like testing for contaminated water, licensing adult residential care homes to track safety, regulating restaurant kitchens for cleanliness, and maintaining vital records (who needs records?!). Yep, you've got a point, we sure don't need any of those sort of public services from a "government institution"; Just let the strong survive!

Originally posted by timkona
                    Just more Cognitive Dissonance on the left.
                    Oh pleeeeeazzzze....

Comment

I'll be going to lend support to my good friend Sharon Black tomarrow morning. Her Trial date will be set. It will be at that time when the Truth will come out. I stand strong as well as her supporters and continue to believe she is Innocent of any wrong doing.

It's such a shame when so many others who are guilty of worse crimes are getting away and still remain in power. In time everything will come out. In time. I believe Justice will prevail...it always does.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I went to Circuit Court this morning. Also, there was alohacandy, Linda, a retired 21 years HPD Detective, Cran and her daughter, Chas (Sharon's son) and of course Sharon.

And Ben Gutierrez of of Channel 4 News!!!

The Court was packed. Everyone in a somber mood. The Female Public Defender very strict and Bull Doggish.heheheh Very Bull Doggish. She separated Sharon from me.

Nah, I understood why.

Anyways. It went as expected.

Trial date is set for October 16, 2006.

We all will be there with more of her supporters in Full attendance!

I'm in charge of the Homeless!!!

Yipppeeeee!

Auntie Lynn

Btw: I'm off to Kaisers
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; August 17, 2006, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I arrived early. The amount of people startled me. I was worried we might not be able to feed them all. Sharon arrived with her son. Unlike last week with other goodies from Aloha Harvest - we only had our own meal to give away.

Sandwiches, cookies, Reese's candy and orange juice or water.

We counted at least 250 people. Everyone were fed and had seconds too!

It's getting bigger each week. We need HELP! Don't forget to donate if you can to our walk next week for The Food Bank Fundraiser.

The date is Aug 26th Saturday. The registration is at 830am and the walk will start at 9am. Also u can register online. They have an application or u can call and get one. The site explains it all. We would love to have u join us.

However, for those who would like to donate we are the KAU KAU Wagon agency #760. If u write a ck and ear mark for the Kau Kau Wagon 760, it will go into our Food Bank account. Food Bank will match the funds and it's tax deductable.
                          http://www.hawaiifoodbank.org/

The Hawaii Foodbank
                          2611 Kilihau St. - Honolulu, HI 96819-2021 - Ph: 808 836-3600 - Fax: 808 836-2272

Auntie Lynn

Btw: In the rush of serving, I had a wonderful surprise visit from a dear friend. He came up and gave me a Honi Honi and kiss to tell me how he was proud of me in what I was doing for the Homeless. It was my Hanai brother ~ Mr. Robert Cazimero.

Last edited by 1stwahine; August 19, 2006, 04:25 PM.

Comment

LOL Why is that ray of light shining on us? Looks like we're ready to get taken up on a space ship? Or maybe it's our halos shining? <cough cough>

Comment

LOL Why is that ray of light shining on us? Looks like we're ready to get taken up on a space ship? Or maybe it's our halos shining? <cough cough>
                              I thought about dat myself.

It's a blessing fom God.

What else could it be? The odda pictures neva have um!

We're doing Excellent Work approved from God himself!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I was thinking, obviously there's a boring, earthly explanation for that image. It must be a line or rope, maybe the camera strap or something, and it's too close to the lens, so it's out of focus. But it just fades away on the left, so it can't be a line or a rope or whatever. It doesn't look like a ray of sunlight, either, not at that angle!

God's finger?

Leo Lakio, what do you think it is?

Comment

Working...
                                X