Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Health Department: Sayonara, Sandwiches!

Originally posted by MadAzza
    I was thinking, obviously there's a boring, earthly explanation for that image. It must be a line or rope, maybe the camera strap or something, and it's too close to the lens, so it's out of focus. But it just fades away on the left, so it can't be a line or a rope or whatever. It doesn't look like a ray of sunlight, either, not at that angle!

God's finger?

Leo Lakio, what do you think it is?
    He no stay. He stay Oregon.heheheh

Lurkah too.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Auntie! Goe moe moe!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
        Auntie! Goe moe moe!
        Wat about you?hahahahaha

I juss got up!!!

I'm full of energy.

Nah, I going take my pills now.

I love you,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Yep...blessing from God sounds good to me.

Comment

In The StarBulletin http://starbulletin.com/2006/08/24/news/story11.html
            HPD worker fails to stop theft cases against her
            By Debra Barayuga

"A state judge has declined to halt administrative and criminal proceedings against a Honolulu police civilian worker for allegedly stealing medical examiner records."

"In court documents filed Tuesday in Circuit Court, Black contends the administrative and criminal proceedings against her are "part of a program of retaliation" by HPD for the sexual harassment suit she brought against HPD nine years ago and that the theft allegations are baseless."

"Black maintains she had permission from the medical examiner to use their records and took the records home to work on her report. She said the medical examiner staff knew she obtained copies because they had assisted her in printing out copies and had provided similar information to her. She said she returned the records the next day after she was asked to return them, and thought the matter was resolved."

"Still pending is a complaint Black filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission alleging discrimination and retaliation by HPD after it learned of the theft allegations. If the EEOC finds in her favor, Black is expected to file suit in U.S. District Court, Beatty said."

In time Justice will PREVAIL. In time.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I recieved a telephone call around lunch time today. It was Jade Moon. She contacted me through HT regarding a post I wrote on this thread. She had some things to give to the Homeless. Anyways, she called and asked if she could come by to dropped them off my Hale. Of course, I told told her Yes!!!

Wow! Jade Moon as has always been a guest in my Hale for years. I've missed her these past months when she left. As soon as she got out of her vehicle...I was stunned of her Beauty and Class.

Jade Moon came to MWH to bring her clothes and whatevers to donate to the Homeless of Kaukau Wagon. I thought was going be two bags. No way!!!! Ukapila bags with awesome clothes and accessories!!! All still look brand new!!

Beautiful Silk Scarves (I collect Scarves) but hands off to me. This is Donations for the Homeless. Mahalo Lovely Lady, Jade Moon. I've finally met you. Now I've got to meet the other Best Reporter in my book, Pretty Lady, Erika Engles!!!

Neva mind about Mat Levi. Bugga old already. He must look horrors in Tight Jeans by now!

Auntie pUpule
              Last edited by 1stwahine; August 24, 2006, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                [...]Neva mind about Mat Levi. Bugga old already. He must look horrors in Tight Jeans by now!
                I dunno, Auntie. The last Levi Report that aired, he looked d@mn fine in those jeans and I don't even think I'm desperate...yet!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                  I dunno, Auntie. The last Levi Report that aired, he looked d@mn fine in those jeans and I don't even think I'm desperate...yet!
                  Awwww...I missed dat report. K-den. Neva mind wat I said.

Mat Levi Rules in Tight Jeans!!!!

If anybody knows him, plezzzzzzzzzzz tell him I like meet him.

I promise I not going touch dee merchadise.heheheh

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Anyone wanna give Kalona a hand with the prep things for the weekend feed?

She's had some surgery and can't do as much of the lifting and all the up/down bending that she normally can.

Most everyone who can, shows up at the scheduled time so it's no problem with the unloading...it's just this time (and maybe next time too), things will be tough for building all the sammitches and loading up with the lifting and major movement being verboten by the doc.

Give her a hollah if ya can lend a hand with the preps in some way even if you can't stay to help with the feed, it's all good.

Comment

Peshkwe, Prior to her Surgery date...Sharon and I found out we were going in the same day. We told each other to stay away and don't bother one another in fear of being scolded again like 15 year olds and separated like we were in Court.heheheh

Luckily, she was coming out and I was going in. We missed each other by minutes. We only found out by email as were coming out of our sedation and full of Pain. We both missed the Food Bank Walk but alohacandy did excellent as did Chas!

My procedure was nothing compared to Sharons. She certianly needs Bedrest. She is so full of Aloha and Love. She thinks of the Homeless and those less fortunate before herself.

We always need volunteers to assist us on Saturdays. Now more than ever Sharon needs help. Like Peshkwe asked, please give Sharon a hollar if you can assist in making sandwiches.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; August 30, 2006, 09:01 AM.

Comment

From what I heard Chas went and messed up his ankle, so he's doin a really good hopalong gimp impression, which kinda puts a crimp in his ability to shift stuff too. Sharon's recently been a recipiant of 'Doc fuss' for busting open something already.

Someone nail her feet to the floor till she gets better or the woman will literally bust a gut trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe
                          From what I heard Chas went and messed up his ankle, so he's doin a really good hopalong gimp impression, which kinda puts a crimp in his ability to shift stuff too. Sharon's recently been a recipiant of 'Doc fuss' for busting open something already.

Someone nail her feet to the floor till she gets better or the woman will literally bust a gut trying to do.
                          OMG...do you know IMPOSSIBLE that is to do???????? we've gone to her house so we could take her dogs out, find out she's not at home, drive up the darn road and there she is at the park!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree
                            OMG...do you know IMPOSSIBLE that is to do???????? we've gone to her house so we could take her dogs out, find out she's not at home, drive up the darn road and there she is at the park!!!

Ok....skip the nails....

Anybody got an I-beam riveter out there....couple feet of rebar and a sledge hammer.....anything?

Comment

LMAO Geeez, Cran and Lynn....over here dropping dimes on me like that. LOL
                              Glad my doc doesn't read this site. I didn't even know u were all still posting here. I had to try and read some back post and still I think I have way more to catch up on.

FYI I have been a good girl and I have slowed down. I had to take my babies to the park, either that or steam clean my rugs. And we both know doing that would bust open everything.

Speaking of Newsreporters....My daughter had the meanest crush on Shawn Ching for the longest time in HS. Tooo funny! But no doubt he has quite a list of female fans. I have a few favs also. I like the reporters who are down to earth in their style and delivery of a story. Keoki is up there, sometimes even with a serious news story he has me laughing. Such as when he was digging the Medical Examiners trash with garden gloves. LOL HAHAHA

Anyway Lynn PLEASE be sure and tell Jade thank u so much from us.
                              Also I kinda have bad news, we have to skim through the stuff because every now and then although people have the very best intentions there are certain items we can't pass out. I use to just put the bags on the grass and let those who need take what they wanted but a few times they found some odd items. Once was a wedding dress. That was interesting. LMAO
                              Another time we found some hmmm how shall we state this delicately....but battery operated intimate toys?

OMG!!! One of the Mahoo grabbed it and was having quite a wonderful time. EEEEEK!!! Other items like stripper cloths and stuff like that too. I can tell u quite a list of things that made us go Ooooo Ooooo My ummm not good!!! LOL (putting it mildly)

For weeks one lady walked around with a purple corset and those breast dangle things along with an interesting wig. I bet some of u know who I am talking about. LMAO I didn't have the heart to tell her that wasn't her best choice. I even tried to trade them for something more comfortable shall we say?

So although I would rather just put whatever we get straight out we do need to be a lil selective. LOL
                              Such as NO sharp objects such as the lovely butcher knife set we once got, no kitchenware such as toasters, and stuff like that. LOL Although it's great if the person has a kitchen. But most don't.
                              My only rule is that the stuff we get is strictly for the people we are serving. I use to get so annoyed when I (won't name the agency) would get these mountains of donations and the staff would dig through them first and then take what they wanted.
                              I had that experience with one volunteer. She would show up to serve and then hide a few CASES of candy to bring home to her grand kids. Too much and I tried to warn her that wasn't not OK but then she played the I no speak English card. LMAO I told her what a coincidence, me either, so read my lips....Thank U and ALOHA! I was nice about it but she had to go. Geeez she was even gently hitting other volunteers when they would try and take the stuff back. Sweet lady in all honesty, I really liked her, but that just wasn't OK for me. I felt bad to let her go.

A few others I let go of that I felt were not safe because they were too rugged with those we were helping. Swearing, demanding, and escalating things bringing unwanted drama.

I let go of as another volunteer which was this guy who would come and do nothing but constantly click pictures close up. He was agitating the people we were serving to the point I had to pull one off from him. I told him he can't do that because some are very ill and paranoid. But he wouldn't listen.
                              I don't like drama.

We are there to help and no judge. We are there to give unconditional especially to many that are too afraid to go else where such as the elderly on a fixed income. We don't say who can and cannot eat as long as they are peaceful with others. To me the most powerful gift is unconditional. U do it because u know in ur heart it is the right thing.

Wheeeew that was a long rant huh? LOL Sorry.

Thanks u all so much.

Lynn a special hug for u SIS...hope ur feeling better. LMAO I am still giggling how places are now keeping us apart, such as court, the Operating Room. LMAO Makes me feel like I am back in HS. Soon u and I won't be allowed in the same McDonalds!!! DAGGGG WOMAN!!! HAHAHA

Comment

You feel better Sis now you when ventilate on HT?hahahaha

Nah, we love you.

Wow! I neva know you had strict rules and regulations too. How come you neva kick me out yet? I know why. Cause I am not abusive. I am there because I care and love them just like you.

Both of us were once in their shoes. We must never forget the tears, pain and the hardship in which they endure everyday. I have to confess something. I have a dear family member who is Homeless. She works two jobs, is 60 years old, a grandmother, but can not afford a place of her own. Her children lives on the mainland. She currently stays with family and awaits for an opening in Hawaii Housing.

The Homeless Population is rising. We shall be there to help what we can... as long as we are able to.

TTYL

Sis Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X